Are You a Candidate for PAE?
If you are experiencing symptoms of BPH that are negatively affecting your quality of life, PAE may be your best option. Learn more about PAE and find out if you are a candidate. Our interventional radiologists at Denver BPH specialize in providing prostatic artery embolization at our BPH treatment center in Highlands Ranch, CO. Call our office at (303) 805-7477 and schedule your consultation today.
Is Prostatic Artery Embolization (PAE) Right for Me?
You may be a candidate for prostatic artery embolization (PAE) if:
- You’re experiencing symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
- You experience an adverse reaction to your benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) medication, such as intolerance, side effects, or allergy
- You want to preserve your sexual function
- You don’t want surgery, and you’re looking for minimally-invasive alternatives
- You’re not a candidate for BPH surgical treatment options
PAE and Sexual Function.
When researching and reviewing alternatives to surgical procedures and other BPH treatment options available, it’s important to understand how different treatments can affect you and your lifestyle. If preserving your sexual function is important to you, PAE may be a viable option for you.
PAE ordinarily alleviates lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS), while having little to no effect on your ability to have an erection.1,2,3
If you have any concerns about PAE and preserving your sexual function, find an interventional radiologist near you to discuss your specific situation and to determine which treatment option is best for you.
1. Pisco, J., Pinheiro, L. C., Bilhim, T., Duarte, M., Tinto, H. R., Fernandes, L., Santos, V. V., & Oliveira, A. G. (2013). Prostatic arterial embolization for benign prostatic hyperplasia: short- and intermediate-term results. Radiology, 266(2): 668-77. doi: 10.1148/radiol.12111601
2. Carnevale, F. C., da Motta-Leal- Filho, J. M., MD, Antunes, A. A., Baroni, R. H., Marcelino, A. S. Z., Cerri, L. M. O., Yoshinaga, E.M., MD, Cerri, G. G., & Srougi, M. (2013). Quality of life and clinical symptom improvement support prostatic artery embolization forpatients with acute urinary retention caused by benign prostatic hyperplasia. Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, 24(4): 535-542. doi: 10.1016/j.jvir.2012.12.019
3. Grosso, M., Balderi, A., Arno, M., Sortino, D., Antonietti, A., Pedrazzini, F., Giovinazzo, G., Vinay, C., Maugeri, O., Ambruosi, C., Arena, G. (2015). Prostatic artery embolization in benign prostatic hyperplasia: preliminary results in 13 patients. La Radiologia Medica, 120: 361–368. doi: 10.1007/s11547-014- 0447-3
© 2023 Merit Medical Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Schedule a Consultation for PAE Treatment in Denver, CO
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms of BPH noted, contact Denver BPH to explore treatment options with our BPH treatment specialists. To determine if you're a candidate for PAE, call our BPH treatment center near Denver, CO, at (303) 805-7477 today.